Wednesday 31 July 2013

UFC not on ESPN in UK - BT Sport takes over

I was slightly disappointed and saddened when I went to see if this was true on my TV guide. The only reason I have ESPN is for UFC and sadly for ESPN subscribers BT Sport  is the new home for UFC. BT sport are even opening their UFC coverage on Saturday night with "The UFC so far" - a documentary on the history of UFC.

My lovely gloves
So my to-do list of the day has changed to cancel ESPN with immediate effect and subscribe to BT Sport. Easy enough I suppose. Okay so I find the BT site, now how much will BT sport be? Well if you have BT broadband its free and if your order before the 1st of August you get HD free, thats great apart from the fact I don't use BT Internet as I find the service slightly retarded. I wont go into my gripes with BT now!

Okay so with an existing Sky package BT sport is a measly £12 a month - pretty damn good. Oh I must not forget the £15 "one off" connection fee (as it costs £15 to push a button to activate the service?). I should not really moan as UFC is incredibly cheap here in comparison to the US where this weekends UFC 163 featuring a featherweight title fight between Aldo & The Korean Zombie is only available on PPV for $50.

One thing I do hope BT Sport do is get the timing correct for the events and put a bit of care in. ESPN often allowed other shows to over-run thus clashing with UFC events and spoiling everything. Also the timing of commercial breaks was appalling at times. I will give my predictions on UFC 163 later during the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment